People may have many careers throughout a lifetime. Your first job out of college may not be your fairytale dream job, but it can be a great start. Once you have the opportunity to thrive in an industry you can use those experiences and skills to find your next move. Here are six tips for recent college graduates.
- Start out by making a series of skills that you have obtained throughout all of your experiences including: volunteering, social clubs, sororities/fraternities, work etc. Note the times that you felt most confident in yourself and your skills. Try to remember the comments and evaluations that you received from supervisors, colleagues, and mentors. Most importantly employers are looking for teachable, resilient, communicates well, and creative problem solvers that can take initiative and work well as a team player.
- Use examples from past experiences. Not only know your skills, but be able to prove them with specific examples of when you used them.
To see what positions Steeplechase Business Solutions is hiring for, check us out on Linkedin.
- Don’t get hung up on finding the perfect job. If you are passionate about the work,
that’s a good start. Think about what makes you excited about what you are doing, when you are at that perfect job.
- Network, Network, Network. Use your circles to meet new circles. Many jobs come from friends of friends of friends. If you share your own passions or interests, you can ask others if they know of anyone else they can talk to in that field for you.
- Don’t Give Up! It may be a long journey to be happy, but there are many skills and experiences to be learned along the way. Keep your support system strong and uplifting, while remembering every position will help you gain experience.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Get out of your comfort zone and try something you wouldn’t have imagined being possible. This may help you understand what you enjoy and don’t enjoy all while developing new skills. Use those new skills to lead you to another adventure.
Good luck in your search – the right position is just around the corner!
Visit Steeplechase Business Solutions online.